Michael D. Holloway•
Training & Competency Development
Michael has over 30 years' experience in industry. In 2014 he started 5th Order Industry as a competency development vehicle for MLE, MLT, MLA, LLA, OMA and CLS certification preparation classes as well as projects ranging from ghostwriting, technical marketing, DIY articles, and developing on-line learning management systems.
Hired by ALS Tribology from 2013 to 2019, he provided strategic account leadership for top accounts (branded and direct).
His term at ALS also included developing internal training for professional development.
In April, 2014, Michael D. Holloway started 5th Order Industry as the independent content development vehicle with projects ranging from ghostwriting, technical marketing, DIY articles and learning management systems. Holloway has 30 years’ experience in industry.
Hired by ALS Tribology from 2013 to 2019, he provided strategic account leadership for top accounts (branded and direct) as well as the training manager. His term at ALS included developing professional training seminar series for professional development and certification preparation for OMA, MLT, MLA, and CLS, Basic Lubrication, Advanced Lubrication, Reliability Centered Maintenance, Fuel Quality and Performance, Establishing a Lubrication Program, Developing a Lubrication Route, Basic Fluid Analysis, Advanced Fluid Analysis, Wear Debris Analysis, Using Fluid Analysis as a Value Driver, Failure Mode Effect Analysis.
From 1999 to 2013, served as Director of Technical Development and Reliability, for NCH Corporation - Lubricants used in Heavy Industrial Equipment, Government GSA, Mining and Construction applications, trained and conducted Plant Surveys, Reliability Proposals, On-site Seminars, Case Studies and Cost Savings Studies, Spend Analysis and Value Recognition Reports, Reliability Audits.
Prior to 1999, worked as an Applications Engineer OEM specialist for General Electric Plastics, as a Product Engineer for Rohm & Haas Electronic Chemicals, as an Aerospace Materials Product Development Engineering Chemist for WR Grace, and as a Polymer Research Chemist for Olin Chemical.
Holloway served as the North Texas Section Chair for Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers as well as certification examiner for the International Council for Machinery Lubrication and an Adjunct Professor at the University of North Texas. He holds a US patent for bearing cleaning composition and method of use.
#7,241,723, Bearing Cleaning Composition and Method of Use, 2007
Authored the Following Books:
- Spend Analysis and Specification Development Using Failure Interpretation, CRC Press, 2011 Dictionary of Industrial Terms, Wiley-Scrivener, 2012
- Process Plant Equipment: Operation, Reliability and Control, J Wiley, 2013
- Journal of Sustainable Energy Engineering, Vol. 1, Issue 1, Wiley-Scrivener, 2014
- Fracking: The Operations and Environmental Consequences of Hydraulic Fracturing, Wiley-Scrivener, 2015
- Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology, Chapter on Fracking Operations, Energy Section, J Wiley, 2016
- Environmental Aspects of Oil & Gas Production, Chapters 5, p. 62-84, Wiley-Scrivener, 2017
- Fracking 2nd Edition: Investigations into the Environmental Consequences of Hydraulic Fracturing, Wiley-Scrivener, 2018
- Published 142 Commissioned Articles on DIY repair projects for a Mercedes Benz 450SL including engine, transmission, and electrical repair, 2015-2017
- Elected Academician - Full Member, Russian Academy of Natural Sciences – US Section, inducted April 2016
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt trained through General Electric Plastics
- MLE - Machinery Lubrication Engineer, International Council for Machinery Lubrication
- CLS - Certified Lubrication Specialist, Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers
- OMA - Oil Monitoring Analyst, Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers
- MLT - Machinery Lubrication Technician Level I & II, International Council for Machinery Lubrication
- MLA - Machinery Lubrication Analyst Level I, II & III (ISO 18436-4, I, II, III), International Council for Machinery Lubrication LLA - Laboratory Lubricant Analyst Level I & II (ISO 18436-5), International Council for Machinery Lubrication
- CRL - Certified Reliability Leader, Association of Asset Management Professionals
- University of Connecticut, Material Science, PhD Candidate, 1994-96
- University of Massachusetts, Polymer Engineering, Masters of Science, 1990-96
- Salve Regina College, Newport, Rhode Island, Chemistry, Bachelors of Science, 1982-86
- Salve Regina College, Newport, Rhode Island, Philosophy, Bachelors of Arts, 1982-86